D&E // ISCOYD PARK
Iscoyd Park magician – Sam Fitton
Dan proposed on 23rd November 2013 in front of both our sets of parents. We went out for a meal before which I thought was just a chance for the parents to meet for the first time, my parents came down with me from Wigan and we travelled to Dan’s parents house.
My birthday is 24th November so after we had been out to the pub for lunch we came back to Dan’s parents house and Dan said he had an early birthday present to give me. He presented me with a huge red square envelope made from A1 card with my name on it, and I didn’t want to open it at first because I’m quite shy so I wasn’t sure if I wanted to open it in front of both our sets of parents! After some persuasion I decided I would open it.
“Inside was a big card with a smaller card in the middle of the front page that said ‘Open me first’.”
Dan had told me a few weeks earlier that we would be going to York for my birthday, when I opened this first smaller envelope it said ‘Unfortunately I had to cancel our trip to York next week so inside you will find a little something I have put together for you instead. Inside you will find more envelopes like the one you have just opened, please open them in order, Happy Birthday Emily, I love you x x x’ . I opened the card to find some more envelopes numbered 1 to 8…
- The first envelope was a printed British Airways ticket that said Manchester to London Heathrow, so I was super excited about going to London!
- The second envelope was in the style of a British Airways ticket again but this one said London Heathrow to JFK, we were going to New York!!
- The third envelope was our hotel booking for the Strand in New York.
- The fourth envelope said ‘Macys parade 28th November’ with pictures of the parade, something I’d always wanted to go to.
- The fifth envelope was a booking to visit the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- The sixth envelope was tickets to see the musical Wicked while we were there.
- The seventh Envelope had a picture of times square and it said ‘Saturday 30th November – Emily’s day’, a day for me to do whatever I wanted in New York.
- The 8th envelope had a card in it with a big question mark, at which point Dan pulled out a red Cartier box and proposed to me there and then! Dan’s dad was crying, my mum was crying, it was such a lovely moment! Dan and I were very shaky for such a long time after! It was perfect.
“Iscoyd Park was pretty much the first venue we looked at and we were sold right from the word go!”
We live in Scotland but knew we wanted to get married close to our families back home. Dan still has most of his family still in Dudleston Heath where he is from, and Iscoyd Park is very close. We looked at a lot of places online first and we always kept coming back to Iscoyd Park, it is so beautiful! We love the feel, the mix of old and new, and everyone we met there was so friendly, we instantly felt at home there.
“We just can’t wait to celebrate with all our friends and family, having all our nearest and dearest together for one big party.”
Why did you decide to book Sam & how did you find him?
I was looking through pictures of other weddings at Iscoyd Park for ideas on how to decorate the rooms and how the day would go, and I stumbled upon Iscoyd Park magician Sam that way. I then had a look at the website and watched Sam’s video and straight away I felt like he would be the perfect addition to our big day.
We want everyone to enjoy every single bit of the day! We’d love for people to go away at the end of the night talking to each other about how much fun they all had.
It’s been amazing to perform for Dan & Emily (and all their guests) at Iscoyd Park as it’s one of my favourite Shropshire venues! The decorations, the venue, the special touches and of course Emily all looked stunning! (And Dan didn’t scrub up too badly either!)
A massive congratulations from me to the happy couple and I wish you both the very best for the future :) This Iscoyd Park magician is signing off! Roger that!